Monday, May 19, 2008

Crofut Wine Ride, Part Deux (or is it Deuce?)

Crofut Wine Ride, May 31st

[my brother wrote this part, except for the edited section]

It's time for the second annual Wine Ride! Last year's ride was such a success we simply have to do it again. (edit - the winery wasn't even open last year due to permit issues - this year it is, so it's sort of the first Crofut wine ride, but just deal with it.)

This year's ride will feature a wine tasting at Crofut Family Winery in Jordan and a post-ride BBQ and wine tasting at Dolce Vita Wine Shop in Chaska. Total riding distance will be about 40 miles.

The ride will be free, but donations for the MS150 are welcome.

Check back here for more information and updates. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures from last year's ride.

[I wrote the remaining]

The ride will start at Get Your Gear out in Chaska. I'll be leading a group from the CRC in South Minneapolis, which will add about 50 miles to the ride, roundtrip, so about 90 miles if you leave with me, which you should. Bring lights if you ride with me.

What time? Hell I really don't know yet. Maybe leave at 0930 or 1000. [edit - the ride starts in Chaska at 1 in the pm - I'll be leaving the CRC at 10h30, which will give us 1-hour to relax upon arrival.]

Last time there was swag handed out to the finishers, so you've got that going for you...

No comments: